6/14/09

Something different for breakfast

I've eaten and talked about Ybor Grille in Ruskin before. It's one of my favorite restaurants in the area. Usually I go at lunch time, but today I decided to try owner Bob Fernandez's breakfast menu. No surprise there. The food was outstanding.

I ordered the breakfast empanada...

Wrapped in a light, flaky crust, it was filled with ham, egg and cheese and perfect with a cup of coffee— a light, inexpensive and flavorful breakfast. Our server was on her toes keeping my coffee cup filled.

My breakfast partner ordered Mama's Omelet, which was filled with ham, chorizo, onions, peppers, potatoes and a side of salsa. She couldn't believe how light and fluffy the omelet was and noted it had the perfect amount of meat and veggies.

Other items on the menu? French toast stuffed with cream cheese, fresh fruit and a raspberry compote, poached eggs on a wedge of Cuban toast with ham, Ybor potatoes and a hollandaise sauce. Or the Southshore omelet sounded wonderful: fresh shrimp with asparagus and Hollandaise sauce.

It sounds pricey, but it's not!

Ybor Grille also serves fresh baked muffins and guava-cream cheese turnovers.

YBor Grille
Hours ...
Monday - Saturday 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Sunday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Directions:
Head south on I-75 to the Ruskin exit. Go to U.S. 41 and turn right to Shell Point Road.
Turn right, and you'll see it a block up on the right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds so delicious!
(Antje/Germany)